The 10th Celebration of Hair Fair Is Just Around the Corner….
…..and I have all the juicy details for you 🙂
My 2015 Hair Fair Entry is with the beautiful Analog Dog Hair Olivia, which combines a wonderful mesh/flex style that those who lust after the perfect curly long locks are sure to love! I cannot believe how time flies, it’s the 10th Anniversary of the Second Life Hair Fair! 10 years of wonderful designers whipping up some luscious locks all to help ‘Wig for Kids’ is amazing all on its own. The SL grid is sure to celebrate this year with all your favorites on sale for an amazing cause. So save all your lindens as we only have 18 more days before the most fabulous Fair in sl begins!
Ok first order of business is the 2015 Annual Hair Fair Photo Contest which started on the 7th of June and runs through to Sunday June 28th, so you still have time to get some beautiful entries of your favorite styles of hair.
There are a few rules;
* No Nudity or sexually explicit images, this includes no female nipple exposure (includes sheer clothing). I mean every one loves a beautiful photo of an exceptional avatar, but this is a charity event that benefits children of Wigs for Kids, so we need to keep it reined in, and as well the photos will be posted at the Hair Fair 2015. The committees have final say in all images being approved or declined.
* Hair must be the main focus of your photo entry.
* Contest runs from June 7th – June 28th.
1. All pictures taken must feature hair created by one of the stores providing prizes for the contest only. The stores will be listed below and on our website. You MUST name the hair and the hair store in the description section underneath your picture. You Must include your SL Avatar user name (no display names) so that we can contact you if needed ( name part added 9th June pictures approved before that are ok)
2. All pictures must be new for this contest. Older photos are not to be used. If photos are found to be older, or used in another manner other than this contest, they will be removed.
3. All pictures must be competition entries only, not blog or advertising images then used to enter as well. If you show the picture on your blog, you must include that you are using the picture for your entry, and information of the contest.
4. All pictures must be your own work, or you must have permission to use them in this manner. Any pictures reported as not the work of the submitter will be removed and disqualified.
5. Only submitters of the pictures are eligible to win the prize. If more than one person in the picture, only the owner of the picture can win. Prizes cannot be shared among multiple avatars.
6. You can submit up to 5 pictures for this contest………..so hurry up and show us your favourite locks!
Also by agreeing to these rules you give the Hair Fair 2015 committee the permission to use your photos in world, as well as on the website in a ‘winners’ capacity if they are chosen as such.
Prize Sponsors of the Hair Fair 2015 are:
!Ohmai, [sYs] Design, Adoness, Alice Project, Alli&Ali Designs, Amacci, Analog Dog, ARGRACE,
Asset, Ayashi, bade, Bliensen + MaiTai, Blueberry, Blues, Bold&Beauty, Calico, Curious Kitties, Damselfly, Decoy,
Discord Designs, Doe, Elikatira, elua, EMO-tions, Entwined, enVOGUE, Exile, eXxEsS, HOMAGE, ICONIC, iren, ISON,
K-CODE, KoKoLoReS, LNSignature, Lamb, LeLutka, Little Bones, MaiOwn!, MINA Hair, Mithral Apothecary, Momomochi,
Monso, MOON, Mystic Tiger, No Match, Oblivion, Oleander., ONECreations / Hair Studio ONE,
PINK HUSTLER, pr!tty, redMint,
Runaway, Soonsiki, Sweet Thing, Tableau Vivant, Tabou Irresistible, Tameless,
The Stringer Mausoleum, VANITY HAIR, Vive Nine Fiore, Wasabi Pills, Zalea, Zibska
Non Hair Related Prize Sponsers; VR Foundry, W.Winx & Flair
Ok onto 2015 Hair Fair Bandana Day
Remove Your Hair to Show You Care!
The Bandana Kit to make your own to be sold at the 2015 Hair Fair is available to all! The Bandana Kit created by Mel Vanbeeck is just to be used for Bandana Day Bandanas, and available by im’ing the amazing ladies Sasy Scarborough & Whimsy Winx.
Bandana Day, started in 2007, It’s a day we encourage people from all over SL to remove their hair and wear bandanas decorated by designers (not just hair creators!) grid wide.
The idea is to decorate the bandanas provided with either a texture (textures must not have images or logos of RL products or copyright material) prims, or both (NO HAIR) and return it full perms to CharitySasy String – Perms will be changed to No Copy and sold Mod/Transfer as we do every year, so people can buy for others.
We also encourage you to create a notecard that explains why you have decorated the bandana, as many people have their own stories as to why they support this cause. You do not have to do this, it is just something we will include in your bandanas box to share with the person that buys them.
All money from the sale of these bandanas will go to Wigs for Kids and will only be sold by the Hair Fair Committee at Hair Fair 2015. After the event the bandanas will be destroyed, so after Hair Fair there is no reason for you to keep these other than for personal wear, but we hope also that you will buy some for that.
You all have your own fans/customers so putting your own logo on the ad is recommended, that way customers will know at a glance whose bandanas they want to buy if they are limited to purchasing only a few.
you can add your logo to the bottom right hand corner of the template we provided in the kit.
Thank you, in advance, if you choose to participate.
The kit comes with one mesh bandana and two baked textures that can be used over your textures by using an editing software such as Photoshop or Gimp. You do not have to use the bakes, but they do add some shading and realism to the look.
Once you open the bake maps in your editing software, use multiply which is in the drop down option at the top of your layers menus, and it will show your own texture underneath. The bake may look very dark, but those blackest sections will not be visible once layed on the bandana.
1. Rez the bandanas and add your own textures or prims. Remember these also work as a lag reducing option for many, so please try and keep the items you add to it to a minimum. Be as creative as you want, but it is a must that anything you use on the bandana be legitimately yours to use – they must be full perms items you purchased, have permission to use, or have created yourself.
Please do not add scripts or things to your items that make them not able to be sold in no copy/mod ways. If you are in doubt contact Sasy Scarborough
Make sure to name your bandana, including your name or store name, so that people know who created it.
2. Take pictures of front and back and add it to the Vendor Ad template provided with your store logo on it. We would very much like the ads to stay the same, and you must not remove the Wigs for Kids or the Hair Fair info.
IMPORTANT :::The ad picture must be for ONE bandana only. If you are making a few then one ad is needed for each one. These pictures are for the actual boxes the bandanas will be sold from.
Even if both mens and womens are done with the same texture they must have separate pictures so people know which one to buy , this is very important! as they will be sold separately
3. Put bandanas, ad picture and your notecard in a folder and name it “Bandana Day (YOUR NAME/STORE)” and send back to CharitySasy String.
All items except your personal notecard MUST be FULL PERMS. Your notecard, if you do one, can be NO MOD. Limit of 4 per person please.
All finished bandanas must be in by June 30, 2015
Again thank you so much for helping us make Bandana Day and Hair Fair 2015 a success!
Check out this great tutorial on for using the Hair Fair Bandana Kit.
For any further info please send Sasy Scarborough Hair Fair Committee a notecard.
These are my entries 🙂
Clarity is honestly how one feels when stricken with a sickness that your mind has a hard time accepting what is happening to you, especially when you hear the words Cancer. In my own experience you hear little to no other words after that one scary word. You begin to look at life a little differently than before that moment and things have a startling way of adding a most potent clarity that is unknown until that point in life.
Hope is something we all need in times like this, it is as important as breathing is to each of us, I cannot imagine a moment without hope. I am now 2 years free of breast cancer and could not imagine a day gone by without hoping to see my son grow and flourish with me by his side for most of the way.
I love supporting a wonderful charity like ‘Wigs for Kids‘ as we help young children deal with the many aspects of supporting their inner beauty by making them feel the outer beauty to their young existence. Helping them feel a normalcy that comes with the outward appearance, it can make or break a woman these days, and to think of how children deal with this everyday is very heart wrenching to say the least.
So if you love the idea that your personal Bandana design could really help out an amazing cause, grab a kit and check out the tutorial and have some fun, don’t forget the Bandanas have to be turned into CharitySasy String with Full Perms by June 30, 2015.
Oh and one last very important bit of info; To Join the 2015 Hair Fair Demo Group,
Copy & Paste this link into local chat: secondlife:///app/group/2e30d166-f3e5-e2de-ff72-b3da2d06ded2/about
To Subscribe to the 2015 Hair Fair ~ Teleport Here
Join us to celebrate ‘Wigs for Kids‘ at the 10th Annual Hair Fair!
Hair: Analog Dog ~ Olivia in Light Browns New ❤
Body: SLink ~ Physique Mesh Body V2.3.1
Skin/Appliers: [PXL] Creations ~ Shara Natural Makeup 03 MEB C2 New ❤ Avail@We ❤ Roleplay
Eyes: Ikon ~ Sovereign Eyes in Field
Nosering: LaGyo ~ Pirate Nose Ring in Gold
Necklace: PP ~ MeiMei Opal Necklace
Dress: Baiastice ~ Lola Dress in Print Vintage Tan New ❤ Avail@C88
Location: Wishing Well, Rayne Isles
Head: LeLutka ~ Aria Mesh Head
Skin: Glam Affair ~ Aria Skin Applier for LeLutka Head/Slink Body